6 Tricks to remove dark spots from hands
When skin is exposed to the sun, it may cause an increase in the production of cells called melanocytes. An increase in melanin in the skin may cause dark skin patches to develop. These dark skin patches are often known as liver spots, dark spots, sun spots, and brown spots.
Brown spots normally develop on skin that has been exposed to the sun. Like the face, back, neck, chest, shoulders and hands. There are many reasons why some people develop dark spots and others don’t. Some of the main causes of brown spots are sun exposure, aging, and genetics. Stress, pregnancy, vitamin deficiencies, and weak liver functioning may also contribute to this problem.
The spots are usually harmless, but many consider them unattractive. There are a couple ways to lighten dark spots on your hands.
Aloe vera’s healing properties help your skin regenerate. So, it is excellent for getting rid of brown spots, especially when caused by sun exposure.
- Gently rub fresh Aloe vera’s on the spots. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before washing the area with cold water. Repeat twice daily and within a month you should notice improvement.
- If fresh aloe vera gel is not available, you can opt for aloe vera juice that you can readily buy from the market.
Apple cider vinegar is an effective remedy for a number of skin problems including brown spots. It will help dry out and fade the spots faster.
- Dilute some apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water. You can also add some honey. Apply this solution on your brown spots and wash it off after a few minutes. Do this once daily for a few days or until you get positive results. You can use straight apple cider vinegar too, but it may sting.
- Alternatively, mix one-half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a few tablespoons of orange juice. Apply it on the affected area and leave it on until it dries completely before washing it off. Repeat once or twice daily for four to five weeks.
Yogurt not only contains lactic acid, it offers mild bleaching properties that are known to help make the skin lighter by several tones, fading those brown spots over time. To use this remedy, you’ll need a tablespoon of yogurt, two tablespoons of ground oatmeal, a teaspoon of fresh-squeezed lime juice, a small bowl and some cold water.
- Add the yogurt, oatmeal and lime juice to the bowl and mix well to form a paste. Apply the paste onto affected areas and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes before rinsing with the cold water. Afterward, pat dry and add moisturizer. Repeat the process every day for a week, and then twice each week for two to three months for the best results.
Castor oil is famous for its ability to help heal the skin from a variety of conditions, including treating age spots.
- All you need to do to use it is to apply a bit of the oil onto affected areas and then massage it into the skin for a minute or two, or until it’s well-absorbed. Repeat twice each day, once in the morning and once at night – improvement is typically noticeable in about four weeks. Those with dry skin may want to add a bit of olive oil or coconut oil for moisture to prevent added dryness.
Onions contain sulfur compounds that act as an antiseptic. They also contain acids that facilitate exfoliation. Lemons smell better but some people may find them irritating to the skin. If your skin is intolerant to the lemon juice, try fresh onion juice.
- Simply slice up some onions and rub the slices over the affected area two or three times a day.
- Another option is to mix one tablespoon of onion juice with two tablespoons of honey and apply the mixture on the affected area. Leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing the area thoroughly so that the strong smell goes away. Do this once or twice a day.
The other natural remedies are very effective. The down side with them is they might create an un favorable scent on you. If you are concerned about smelling like food all day, I suggest you try a gentle hand cream that is formulated to remove dark spots without a dreaded scent. Anew Clinical Absolute Even Spot Correcting Hand Cream is one of the BEST skin tone correctors! AMAZING! It reduces the look of dark spots on hands. It improves texture, tone and clarity of hands for remarkably younger-looking skin.
- Every morning and evening, massage over cleansed, dry hands. Reapply as needed. Apply before sun exposure.
**Important! Dark spots on your hands may be due to a lack of vitamin C or B12, anemia, weak liver function or cumulative sun damage. It is important that you consult with a doctor just to make sure there isn’t a more serious condition that you need to take care of .
Did you find this post helpful? If you did, please share on social media now!
Thank you in advance 🙂